Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The new Benjamin Britten, I mean Brinton

Each day is so exciting with a new baby around. Ben does something everyday that I am so impressed with or proud of. We realized his love for music, specifically piano music, from the time he was a wee little guy. We have often sat him on our lap while we play or just let him go at it. Well the other day a spark of geniousness came to my mind. Piano lessons. I took the tray off his highchair and put him right up to the piano! He loved it. It has now become part of his morning routine. He'll play happily for at least 10 minutes. My real intent initially was to keep him occupied while I do dishes or fix breakfast. He would just pound everything and anything with both hands. But I am so amazed at the progess he is making! He has discovered the individual keys is now pushing one key at a time, sometimes two alternatively. I love how he's so inquisitive. These really are like piano lessons...exploratory level of course. We just might have a little Chopin on our hands...or the next Benjamin Britten ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment